Cross-Cultural Training Course
INTL 151 Cross-Cultural Training I (CCTI) is a two-unit course designed to prepare students for adjustment to life abroad.
- U.S. values and assumptions
- Cross-cultural communication
- Cross-cultural adjustment and problems
- Research on the host country
A previous version of the course syllabus can be reviewed for more details about the CCTI course. This course is required for all students participating on semester or year-long programs. This may mean paying course overload fees if students are unable to re-arrange their schedules to accomodate this 2-unit course.
INTL 151 (Cross-Cultural Training I) Policies
The Cross-Cultural Training course (INTL 151):
1. Must be registered for and successfully completed by ALL students who are going abroad for a semester or year on a Pacific-approved Education Abroad program.
2. Must be passed with a "C" or above. May NOT be taken Pass/No Credit.
3. May NOT be audited by students going abroad on a Pacific-approved Education Abroad program under any circumstances. Other students require permission from the instructor.
4. May NOT be taken for less than two credit hours.
What's Up with Culture?
This Online Cultural Training Resource for education abroad offers an opportunity to explore various aspects on intercultural communication and adjustment models that are known to impact upon all education abroad experiences.