Italy- Language Immersion Summer 2013
Spend 6 weeks this summer in the beautiful Umbrian hill town of Assisi, home of Saint Francis, and earn 8 Pacific extension units equivalent to first year college Italian.
- 140 hours of intensive small-group instruction with highly trained native speakers
- Shared apartment living with kitchen
- Group excursions in the region and to Rome and Florence
- Concerts and lectures on music
- Guided tours of famous sites of Assisi
- Cooking class and food tasting
- Sampling of typical products of Umbria
- Weekend in Florence and Rome
- Italian Cinema
$3,937 (subject to minor adjustments based on the euro exchange rate)
*This cost includes classes, books, apartment rental, activities, and excursions. Cost does not include airfare, shuttle, food, or apt. Utilities (Estimated additional cost: airfare + 600 Euro)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2013
The program is fully accredited by University of the Pacific and has an on-site Pacific faculty director. Here is the website of the Accademia for more information on Assisi. Our program is equal to one year of language instruction in italian.