Accepted Exchange Students
Congratulations on being admitted to Pacific as an international exchange student. In your welcome packet, please find the following items to assist you in preparing for your semester(s) at Pacific:
1. Official acceptance letter. US Embassies and Consulates generally require this document for your visa application. Please check with your local US Embassy or Consulate for questions regarding visas.
2. DS-2019. This is your immigration document, which is also required for visa applications. You will need to take special care of this document as it is necessary to enter/re-enter the U.S. during your exchange period. (ISEP exchange students will be issued their DS-2019's from ISEP's main office located in Virginia, USA. Please contact ISEP directly with any questions regarding your DS-2019. Your home institution's ISEP Exchange Coordinator will be able to provide you with the appropriate contact at ISEP's main office.)
3. Arrival notification form. This form allows us to plan appropriately for your arrival to campus. Please email, fax or mail it to IPS (International Programs & Services) by the date provided on the form.
4. International Student Orientation Schedule. This Orientation follows the official arrival day. This a tentative schedule and is subject to change.
5. Locksmith instructions for changing your password in order to access your Pacific email and insidePacific accounts. (If you have any issues changing your password or accessing your Pacific email, please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
6. ISEP Students ONLY: In addition to the above documents, you will need to complete and submit two housing application forms so that your housing arrangements can be made prior to your arrival. Click here to print out the Student Housing Assignment Request form and the Student Housing Contract, and email, fax or mail these forms to email@example.com by November 30th (for students arriving in the Spring semester) or by May 30th (for students arriving in the Fall semester).
All international exchange students must have medical insurance that meets the requirements of Pacific's on-campus health center, the Cowell Wellness Center. Please read through these requirements carefully on the Cowell Welness Center website and contact Ranai Koch in the Cowell Wellness Center's Insurance office with any questions. If your health insurance meets the Cowell Wellness Center's insurance requirements, you will need to complete a waiver request in order to waive the Cowell Wellness Center health insurance fee. Instructions for submitting a waiver request are available on the Cowell Wellness Center website under "How do I waive SHIP?". If you do not submit a successful waiver, the Cowell Wellness Health Center fee (over $700 per semester) will automatically be charged to your Pacific student account. Please contact the Cowell Wellness Center with any questions you may have regarding your medical insurance, waivers, etc.