Waiver of the Home Residence Requirement
If you are an exchange visitor, you may apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement for the following five statutory bases:
- A claim of Exceptional Hardship to a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouse or child of an exchange visitor if the exchange visitor is required to return to the country of residence;
- A claim that the participant will be persecuted due to race, religion, or political opinions if he/she returns to the country of residence;
- A request from an interested US Government Agency on the participant's behalf;
- A No Objection Statement from your government; and
- A request by a designated State Health Department or its equivalent.
Please see the following for more information: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/J_WaiverFAQ21-DEC-06.pdf