Student Academic Support Services recruits new Student Advisors in the Fall semester of every academic year. Interested participants must meet the following guidelines:
- Attend a Team Pacific meeting
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (If you are a first-time freshmen, you are still eligible to apply. Your professors will complete a Progress Report detailing your projected grade in your current courses).
- Be available to attend the Spring Training Class on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 4pm to 6pm
- Be available to work at least 2 of the 5 New Student Orientation sessions
What is a Student Advisor responsible for?
A Student Advisor is a paraprofessional member of the Student Life Staff of the University. Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Assisting students with academic advising and information
- Assisting students with personal adjustment
- Assisting students in developing their own unique style of effective study habits
- Maintaining a regular program of contact with advisees, including outreach
- Working cooperatively with assigned faculty and campus administrative staff
- Continuous on-going education through in-service training and evaluation
- Maintaining regular office hours in the Student Advising Center
- Participating in Freshmen, Spring and Transfer Orientation
- Assuming additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned
The application deadline is now open for the 2014-15 academic year. Applications are due by September 26th in the Student Advising Office (Hand Hall 116) by 5:00 PM. The application is available here. For more information on Student Advising, please contact us.