• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

F-1 Visa Students

An F-1 visa is a non-immigrant student visa. It is an entry visa issued to "bona fide students qualified to pursue a full course of study" at an academic or language institution authorized to admit international students.

The F-1 visa is issued at a U.S. embassy or consulate. It indicates the date of issue and date of expiration. If you have not yet completed your program and the visa has already expired, you do not have to renew it until you leave the U.S. and plan to return. F-1 visas can not be renewed within the U.S.