• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

Off-campus Employment

You are authorized to accept off-campus employment only after IPS approval and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) has been issued.

  • F-1 visa holders may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). CPT can be an internship, co-op or a work/study program.
  • Eligible F-1 visa holders may apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT). Contact IPS to apply.

Qualifications for Off-Campus Employment

A student may be authorized for off-campus employment under the following circumstances:

  • Severe, unforeseen economic necessity – this type of employment authorization may be granted only to students facing severe economic hardship and unforeseen financial difficulties;
  • Internship with an International Organization. For a list of organizations, see the U.S. State Department list of – a list of International Organizations
  • Employment based on the Special Student Relief Program – contact IPS for information.