• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

On-campus Employment

To qualify for on-campus employment, you must:

  • Be enrolled full-time and in status.
  • While school is in session, you may work up to 20 hours per week.You may work full-time during school holidays or summers.
  • If you are a Graduate Assistant, Teacher Assistant or Residence Assistant, complete the I-9 form (available at Human Resources). The passport, I-94 card and SEVIS Form I-20 are necessary to complete the I-9 form.

Types of On-Campus Employment

  • Work on the school premises. On-campus employment includes work done as a teaching or research assistant, jobs in the school library, and administrative offices.
  • Work on the school premises, employed by on-campus commercial firms. Employment with "on location commercial firms that provide services for students on campus, such as the school bookstore or cafeteria."
  • Work done at off-campus locations, but treated as on-campus.
    • Graduate students conduct research under the supervision of their professors that is educationally affiliated with the school.
    • "On-campus" may also include work "at an off-campus location, the educational affiliation must be associated with the school’s established curriculum or related to contractually funded research projects at the post-graduate level and an integral part of the student’s educational program."