• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

If Your EAD Doesn't Arrive Within 90 Days

If you don't receive your approved and adjudicated within 90 days, you may apply to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a 240-day grant of Interim Employment Authorization Document (IEAD). To apply for the Grant, make an appointment at the nearest District USCIS Office using External link InfoPass. At the time of your appointment, you must prove that 90 days have elapsed. Bring the following documentation with you to your appointment:

  • Form I-797 (original and photocopy of I-765 receipt notice);
  • I-20 (original and photocopy) with OPT information listed on page 3;
  • I-94 card (original and photocopy of front and back);
  • Passport with visa (original and photocopy of ID page).

Note: You will not be seen at the USCIS office without an appointment.

Requesting an Interim Employment Authorization Document

If after waiting over 90 days from the original "received Date," you have not received your Employment Authorization Document, you may request an interim EAD from the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office. You cannot go directly to the local USCIS Immigration Office and bypass the standard Employment Authorization Document application process.

Expediting Your Employment Authorization Document

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services does not expedite applications for Employment Authorization Document.