Documents to Bring to your International Student Advisor
- Completed F-1 Optional Practical Training application form;
- Completed Form I-765, marked with the code:
- "(c)(3)(A)" at item 16 (Pre-completion).
- "(c)(3)(B)" at item 16 (Post-completion).
- Two recent immigration-style photos. Print your name and SEVIS number in pencil on the back of the photographs. Do not cut to size or staple. For photo guidelines, see U.S. Passport Photo Guidelines;
- A $380 check or money order payable to US Department of Homeland Security. A charge of $30.00 will be imposed if your check is not honored by the bank. Do not send cash in the mail;
- Copy of the ID pages of your passport and visa, and, if you are applying for renewal of your work authorization, a photocopy of the previously-issued EAD;
- A copy of both sides of your I-94 card;
- Copies of all previously issued I-20's;
- Proof of academic standing i.e. course summary with grades, transcript of record etc.
Responsibilities after you receive your EAD:
- You are required to report any change of name, address, or disruption of such employment to IPS for the duration of the authorized training. We are in turn responsible for updating your record to reflect these reported changes. To report any changes, contact IPS.
- Submit a photocopy of your EAD to IPS.