• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

Travel Outside the U.S.

Before travelling outside the U.S., consult with staff members of International Programs and Services. When you meet with them, bring your passport and Form I-20 with you.

Remember the following:

  • If you will re-enter the U.S. to continue your program of study, your SEVIS Form I-20 must be endorsed by a Designated School Official (DSO) before your departure.
  • Your visa must be valid for "multiple" entries into the U.S, and must be valid beyond the proposed re-entry date.
  • If your visa is valid for only one entry, or has expired, you can obtain a new visa from the U.S. consulate in the country you are visiting by presenting evidence of financial support and your current I-20.
    Note: There is no guarantee that you will obtain a visa in the country you are visiting. You may be required to travel to your home country to apply for U.S. visa.