• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

F-1 Visa Extension Document Requirements

When you apply for an F-1 visa extension, before leaving the United States, you must submit the following documents:

  • Properly endorsed Form 1-20. Please submit this form at least 48 hours in advance of your intended departure time to IPS.
  • Official copy of your transcript from the Registrar's Office verifying that you have been studying full-time at Pacific.
  • A letter from the Director of International Programs and Services certifying that you are a full-time F-1 student in good standing.
  • Current financial certification from your parents or sponsor.
  • Valid passport or travel document.
  • Form DS-156, "Nonimmigrant Visa Application".
  • Form DS-157, if applicable.
  • Form DS-158.
  • Proper photograph(s).
  • Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
  • Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee.
  • Visa reciprocity fee (if applicable).

Apply as early as possible. Visa processing times vary by consulate. Contact your specific Consular Office having jurisdiction over your place or residence in your home country to inquire about specific rules and regulations.

If you would like to visit a country other than your home country, check with the embassy of the country you would like to visit to inquire about what documents are necessary for entry.