• Print


University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, California 95211

Re-entering the United States

To re-enter the United States, you must possess the following documents.

  • A valid passport or travel document
  • A valid F-1 visa (unless exempt from passport and visa requirements)
  • Properly endorsed Form I-20 if there has been no substantive change in the information contained in the following items:
    • Item #4 (Level of education)
    • Item #5 (major course of study and completion date)
    • Item #7 (average cost for an academic term and;
    • Item #8 (estimated financial support) or;
    • A new Form I-20 if there has been such a change

If your I-20 expiration date in Item #5 is at the end of the current semester and you are not graduating before that date, to obtain a program extension before your I-20 expires, submit the following to IPS:

  • A letter from your academic advisor explaining the reason for and length of the extension
  • An updated financial certification to cover the tuition and living expenses for the extended period.