• Print


Education Abroad
Bechtel Center

3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211

Pre-Departure Orientation

On the last day of your INTL 151 Cross-Cultural Training I course, representatives from Housing, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and IPS will provide students with a Pre-Departure Orientation. Attendance is mandatory on this day as each representative will be explaining which items students must take care of before their departure.


Prior to departure, students need to:

Register for Overseas Study

Students will be emailed instructions to register for the SABD 000-01 Overseas Study course prior to the end of the semester in which they are taking the INTL 151 CCTI course.

  • The Overseas Study course is a placeholder course that keeps students enrolled at Pacific while they are studying abroad. The actual number of units/credits received will depend on the courses taken abroad as well as what has been approved for Pacific credit on the student's CAR form. Since students are enrolled at Pacific while abroad, course overload policies and fees apply. This also means students must take a minimum of the equivalent of 12 Pacific units per semester while abroad.
  • Pass/No Credit grading is not an option for courses taken abroad.

Pay attention to Pacific registration deadlines as missing a registration deadline can jeopardize your ability to receive credits for the classes taken abroad.

Verify that Pacific student account has been cleared

Due dates for Pacific tuition and fees apply to education abroad students as they are charged Pacific tuition as usual. Students will not be allowed to register for the SABD 000-01 Overseas Study course if there are any holds on their account.

Meet with faculty advisor(s)

Address any last minute academic concerns with your faculty advisor(s) prior to your departure. You should let your faculty advisor(s) know your anticipated return date and be sure you have their contact information as they may need to approve additional courses not listed on your CAR form once you set your class schedule abroad.

*If you will be in senior standing while abroad: Complete Application for Graduation. See your faculty/academic advisor(s) for the appropriate forms and procedures. Also, discuss Evaluation of Degree Requirements with your faculty/academic advisor prior to departure.

U.S. Department of State Recommendations and Support

Students and their families should be aware that the U.S. Department of State maintains a website for U.S. citizen students who are, or will be, studying abraod. It may be found at www.studentsabroad.state.gov and addresses the following subject areas:

We also recommend you check out some of the Useful Resources web sites for travel safety and health issues information to help prepare you for your journey.