Re-entering the United States
To re-enter the United States, you must possess the following documents.
- A valid passport or travel document
- A valid F-1 visa (unless exempt from passport and visa requirements)
- Properly endorsed Form I-20 if there has been no substantive change in the information contained in the following items:
- Item #4 (Level of education)
- Item #5 (major course of study and completion date)
- Item #7 (average cost for an academic term and;
- Item #8 (estimated financial support) or;
- A new Form I-20 if there has been such a change
If your I-20 expiration date in Item #5 is at the end of the current semester and you are not graduating before that date, to obtain a program extension before your I-20 expires, submit the following to IPS:
- A letter from your academic advisor explaining the reason for and length of the extension
- An updated financial certification to cover the tuition and living expenses for the extended period.