Student Academic Support Services recruits new Student Advisors in the Fall semester of every academic year. Interested participants must meet the following guidelines:
- Attend a Team Pacific meeting
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (If you are a first-time freshmen, you are still eligible to apply. Your professors will complete a Progress Report detailing your projected grade in your current courses).
- Be available to attend the Spring Training Class times TBD
- Be available to work at least 1 of the Summer Orientation Sessions without any time conflicts
What is a Student Advisor responsible for?
A Student Advisor is a paraprofessional member of the Student Life Staff of the University. Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Assisting students with academic advising and information
- Assisting students with personal adjustment
- Assisting students in developing their own unique style of effective study habits
- Maintaining a regular program of contact with advisees, including outreach
- Working cooperatively with assigned faculty and campus administrative staff
- Continuous on-going education through in-service training and evaluation
- Maintaining regular office hours in the Student Advising Center
- Participating in Freshmen, Spring and Transfer Orientation
- Assuming additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned
The application for the 2015-16 Academic Year will open August 24th.
For more information on Student Advising, please contact us at email@example.com or stop by our office in Hand Hall.