Prior to entry into the professional portion of the program (the final four- semesters), health requirements must be met and documentation submitted to the Cowell Wellness Center.
- Health History and Physical Examination
- Complete within 3 months of classes starting if new to Pacific. Continuing Pacific students do not need to have a physical if they had had one completed within 3 months of starting at Pacific or during their education at Pacific.
- Form is available www.pacific.edu/Campus-Life/Student-Services/Helath-Services/Health-Requirements-and-Forms.html and https://helathservices.pacific.edu
- Hepatitis B Vaccines
- Three documented vaccines (Titer will suffice if documentation is not available)
- Hep B Surface Antibody showing immunity (Must have even if you have 3 vaccines)
- MMR (Meals, Mumps, Rubella)
- Two Documented vaccines or titer showing immunity
- Varicella Vaccine (Chickenpox)
- Two documented vaccines, documented disease or titer showing immunity
- Tdap Vaccine (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis)
- One documented vaccine in the last 10 years
- Tuberculosis Screening (see Tuberculosis Screening Information Sheet)
- 2-step PPD screening within 3 monts of starting school if no history of possitive PPD test or disease
- Chest X-ray within 3 months of starting school if history of positive PPD test or disease
- Influenza Vaccine
- Required before matriculation and offered on campus at Cowell Wellness Center
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Must Submit signed disclosure form if living in Residence Halls
- Recommended if not updated in last 5 years
- HPV Vaccine
- Recommended for males and females, 26 years or younger. A series of three vaccines.
Inquiries about health requirements and supporting documentation are handled through the Cowell Student Health Center (209) 946-2315.
The School of Dentistry will not deny admission to the program to any person based on the presence of bloodborne disease.