We are currently accepting applications for all drums, bass, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, guitar, piano and voice.
The application process for our Fellowship Program is a two-step process.
Please click the following link to apply: Pacific Admission. Select Jazz Studies (Brubeck Institute) as your major. Please note that there is a $35 application fee.
All applicants need to submit a recorded audition (Audio or Video). Once your recording is ready, you can upload it to YouTube and email us the link so that our faculty can view it. Please set your recording to "unlisted" and email the link to Melissa Riley: email@example.com.
Each track time should not exceed 6 minutes and total submission should not exceed 30 minutes and must include the following:
1. A medium-tempo blues (e.g. "Now's the Time", Charlie Parker, "Straight No Chaser", Thelonious Monk, "Tenor Madness", Sonny Rollins)
2. An up-tempo rhythm changes tune (e.g. "Oleo", "Anthropology", "Cottontail")
3. A Latin, rock, or funk tune (e.g. "Blue Bossa", "Red Clay", "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy")
4. A ballad (e.g. "Body and Soul", "Misty", "You don't know what love is")
5. Any tune composed by Dave Brubeck (e.g. "In your own sweet way", "The Duke", "Unisphere")
You will be contacted by January 22nd if you are chosen as a finalist. Finalists will participate in a two-day orientation process culminating in a live audition to take place February 9, 2018. Please plan to arrive on Thursday, February 8, 2018 by midafternoon and departing midafternoon on Friday, February 9, 2018.
If you have questions, contact Melissa Riley, Administrative Assistant of the Brubeck Institute.