The deadline for receipt of all application materials is April 1st. Applicants will be notified of the results no later than April 30th.
The camp fee for the 2018 Summer Jazz Colony is $1700 per student. A limited number of scholarships are available on the basis of financial need. Information will be made available to successful applicants.
- A completed online application. COMING SOON!!
- Two letters of recommendation
- A resume, including a list of your performance experience
A recorded audition to be uploaded online in which each track time should not exceed 6 minutes and total submission should not exceed 30 minutes and must include the following:
1. A medium-tempo blues
2. An up-tempo rhythm changes tune
3. A Latin, rock, or funk tune
4. A ballad
5. Any other tune of your choice (standard, contemporary tune, original, etc.)
The applicant's performance must be accompanied by a rhythm section or a play-along recording, or both. The recording will be judged on sound, intonation, time-feel, jazz vocabulary, artistry, and overall musicianship. The judges will have no knowledge of who is playing. All instrumentalists should clearly state the melody before their improvised choruses (Melody is optional for Drums).