• Print

Travel Ban Information and FAQs

On March 15, 2017, the U.S. District Court in Hawaii issued a nationwide temporary restraining order, preventing the Government from enforcing the executive order entry bar that was scheduled to go into effect on March 16, 2017.

On 06 March 2017, President Trump issued an Executive Order entitled Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into the United States which revokes and replaces the previously-issued Executive Order 13769 and takes effect on 16 March 2017.  This new order removes Iraq from the list of designated countries, withdraws previous religous-based preferences, retracts the ban on Syrian refugees, and exempts legal residents (e.g., green card holders) as well as valid visa holders.

In a University-wide response to January's Executive Order 13769, President Eibeck confirmed that University of the Pacific remains steadfastly committed to the well-being of all students regardless of their immigration status or religious background, and that it will continue to provide a respectful, safe and inclusive environment, and continue to embrace the intellectual freedom, religious freedom, and freedom of expression that are the hallmarks of being a Pacifican.

Any Pacific community member with questions about his or her status or visa, or concerns about the impact of this executive order should contact International Programs and Services (IPS) through the below web form, so that IPS Director Ryan Griffith and his staff can direct your inquiry to the appropriate University representative.


Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where can receive support for stress and anxiety? Pacific Health Services provides confidential physical and mental health services.
  2. To whom can I turn for spiritual support? Religious and Spiritual Life provides a safe place for students to think intelligently about religion and how it affects society and seeks to promote healthy dialogue between people of all religious positions.
  3. How can I report acts of hate, harassment, and/or violence? Public Safety (StocktonSacramento, and San Francisco) encourages the reporting all forms of misconduct committed by or against Pacific community members.
  4. Where can I turn for legal services? One resource is the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
  5. What are my rights when dealing with law enforcement? The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has information on civil rights as well as non-citizen rights at points of entry into the United States.
Fill out my online form.