Clubs & Organizations
Pacific's Latino Outreach Community hosts a number of clubs and organizations, all intended to create a welcoming and diverse atmosphere on-campus.
- Reach for the Stars - The Reaching for the Stars Foundation was formed in December 2005 and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. This foundation strives to ensure opportunities for children to pursue their educational and professional goals regardless of perceived obstacles. Formed in part by Pacific alumni Jose Hernandez, the program offers scholarships and an annual Space Conference to encourage students to pursue math and science education. Learn More >>
- Latino Alumni Club - The Latino Alumni Club is a group for Pacific alumni to reconnect with their Pacific peers once they have graduated. Learn More >>
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) - SHPE's purpose is to promote the development of Hispanics in engineering, science and other technical professions to achieve educational excellence, economic opportunity, and social equity. Learn More >>
- Latino Student Council- The Latino Student Council serves as a representative body of Latino organizations within the University and/or any organization that will benefit and strive for the success of the Latino Community at large. LSC's objectives are to increase the recruitment of Latinos, to retain and graduate all Latinos and to promote the well-being of the Latino Community and other communities university-wide through unified action.
- MEChA de Pacific - Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (MEChA) is a student organization that promotes higher education, cultura, and historia. MEChA was founded on the principles of self-determination for the liberation of our people. We believe that political involvement and education is the avenue for change in our society. Learn More >>
- Familia Latina de Pacific - Founded in 2009, Familia Latina de Pacific is a group meant to educate and empower the Pacific Latino community and to promote a welcoming, accepting and inclusive environment at the University of the Pacific. Learn More >>
- Los Danzantes de Pacific - University of the Pacific's ballet folkloric dance group was formed in the fall of 2009 by Lorena Becerra ('02 & '07) and three undergraduate students that shared a great desire and love of both dance and cultural heritage. With the hope of being able to promote diversity on campus and share in the exchange of knowledge regarding new cultures and the significance and history of dance, Los Danzantes de Pacific was created. Learn More >>