Summer Success and Leadership Academy FAQ's
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why should I send my children to Summer Success and Leadership Academy?
A: The Summer Success and Leadership Academy is designed to give your students most "at-risk" to be purveyors of or affected by violence in the Stockton community exposure to a different, safer environment; that of college and a world of knowledge and self empowerment.
Q: I am student- what will I benefit from coming to SSLA?
A: You will benefit in numerous ways:
- Exposure to the collegiate environment
- Relationships with college mentors from our community
- Comprehensive leadership development program
- Comprehensive life skills workshops including college admissions
- Become recognized and treated as leaders in our community
- Access to resources in the form of year round support and mentorship
- Peer network of other up and coming Stockton Leaders
- The opportunity to create, design, and implement a community action plan that will allow you to become active agents of change in our community
Q: When does the application come out?
A: The application can be accessed here and due March 31, 2012. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Q: How many students are you targeting?
A: 50 students
Q: Where will Success Summer Academy take place?
A: All primary Success Sessions will take place in University of the Pacific's main campus.
Q: How long does the program run?
A: The one week Residential Program will take place in July. Once admitted the students will be informed on further dates for wrap around service programming.
Q: How much does the Academy cost?
A: It's free!
For more information or if you questions about the program or the application process please contact:
Michael Tubbs and Ty-Licia Hooker
Summer Success and Leadership Academy
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Avenue Stockton, CA 95211