Advancing Women's Leadership
Launched by a group of local business, education and civic leaders as a one day public forum that brought outstanding women leaders to Stockton, California to inspire and empower youth and adults alike, Advancing Women's Leadership (AWL) is now a MOVEMENT to transform our community through the leadership development of women and girls. Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!!
With its home at University of the Pacific, AWL will serve as a collaborative community effort that will promote women's leadership throughout San Joaquin County by:
- Serving as a conduit of information, ideas and resources on women's leadership
- Educating local organizations on women's economic and civic impact
- Cultivating future leaders from the region by providing educational and training opportunities
- Showcasing women's leadership
AWL activities and programs fulfill Pacific's University-wide learning outcome of Collaboration and Leadership:
- Work cooperatively with others toward a common goal.
- Demonstrate effective social interaction skills appropriate to the occasion, task, and audience.
- Influence others ethically toward achievement of a common goal to effect positive change.
- Demonstrate accountability for one's decisions and actions.
- We are helping to organize Lean In Circles at Pacific for faculty, staff and students. We provide the books, agendas, discussion guides and access to on-line videos for your group of 8-12 peers. Create your personal team of coaches, collaborators, confidants and cheerleaders today!
- Special events like the 3rd Intergenerational Tea: Women at the Top? Why Not? AWL 2.0 spring forum and Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon
Contact Corrie Martin at email@example.com for more information!