Women's History Month
Women's History Month 2012 - Pacific celebrated "Women's Empowerment"
Planning for March 2013 is underway now! Contact Corrie Martin for more information and to get involved. Volunteers to help plan next year's events are welcome!
Famous image of women of the Mexican Revolution. As historian Laurel Thatcher Ulrich said, "well-behaved women seldom make history."
What Is Women's History Month?
It is a celebration of women's achievements as leaders and forces of change throughout history!
Why Celebrate Women's History?
The National Women's History Project explains that "History helps us learn who we are, but when we don't know our own history, our power and dreams are immediately diminished." Women's History Month projects aim to write women's achievements back into history (national history, international history, campus history) and into our everyday consciousness.
Who Is Involved?
An eclectic group of students, staff and faculty, under the auspices of the Women's Resource Center, are organizing a month of events and activities to take place throughout March 2012. We welcome you to participate as an individual or as an organization or department. Everyone on campus can and should participate—students, faculty, staff and community members!
Thank you to our Women's History Month 2012 Committee!
- Christine Fluter-Brown (Alumna)
- Tara Ignont (Student, Women's Resource Center Outreach Coordinator)
- Shannel Hawkins (Student Coordinator, Women's Resource Center)
- Kristina Juarez (Coordinator of Leadership and FYE Programs)
- Michelle Maloney (Reference Librarian)
- Corrie Martin (Director, Women's Resource Center)
- Nina Mussoumi(Program Coordinator/Graduate Assistant)
- Peggy Rosson (Assistant Dean of Students)
- Paige Rothschild (Student Coordinator, Women's Resource Center)
- Joanna Royce-Davis (Dean of Students)
- Alexandrea Savage (Student, Gender Studies)
- Jennifer Wood (Adminstrator, California International Studies Project)
With support of Multicultural Affairs, Pacific Feminists, Gender Studies and more!
What Can You Do?
Attend and help publicize events or even join our Women's History Month 2013 Planning Committee!
Email or call Corrie Martin at 932-2815 for more information!