What to Bring
Listed below are a few items you may wish to bring to your new home. We suggest that you discuss with your roommate(s) who will bring shared items before arriving on-campus.
- Bedding: Sheets, pillow(s) and pillowcases, blankets, and bedspread
- Decoration items: Rug, pictures, posters, and desk lamp
- School supplies: Paper, pens, scissors, three-ring notebook, stapler, etc.
- Laundry Supplies: Liquid detergent, fabric softeners, laundry basket or bag, iron and small ironing board
- Cleaning Supplies: Paper towels, broom, small vacuum, waste-basket and liners, etc.
- Computer and Printer Supplies: Paper, ink cartridges, computer desk lock, etc.
- Small Appliances: Small refrigerator (no larger than 2.9 cubic feet), small microwave (no larger than 1.0 cubic feet and 900 watts), coffee machine. (No hotplates, toasters or items with burners.) Consider bringing energy star appliances.
- Electronic items: Alarm clock, television, stereo/radio, cable cords, surge protectors, and extension cords (must be UL approved). Flat screen TVs cannot be mounted to the walls!
- Bath and Personal Supplies: Towels, bathrobe, and washcloths, shower shoes, toiletries, clothes, shoes, and hangers
- Small sewing kit, first-aid kit and other necessary medications
- Board games, recreation items (basketball, frisbee, etc.)
- Bicycle/ Bicycle lock (U-Lock recommended)
- Safety box: for storage of small items of value