The 2014-2015 Online Housing Selection for current students will begin early April.
Students interested in Gender Inclusive Housing for 2014-2015 will need to complete a Gender Inclusive Request Form, provide a written statement on why they would like to reside in gender Inclusive housing, and meet with the Assistant Director for Housing Administration to discuss their request. All requests are based on availability in the apartment communities.
Apartment communities for 2014-2015 will be reserved for students with upperclassmen (students that have lived on campus for at least four semesters), graduate, or professional class standing. Students who do not qualify for apartment communities can apply to be in an apartment by completing a waitlist request. Students will need to select Residence Halls during selection and if approved to move to an apartment community students will be notified by email
Housing Selection for current students was held online in three stages:
Same Space selection will be held April 8-9, 2014
- Current residents will be able to sign-up for their same residence hall room or apartment space. For example, the current resident of Monagan 200B will only be permitted to select Monagan 200B. Room Change Requests may be submitted for preferred rooms within the apartments before or after Housing Selection.
- Current residents of Residential Learning Communities and Jessie Ballantyne will not be able to select their same space. This applies to current residents of Ritter, Eiselen, SouthWest, Wemyss, Carter and John Ballantyne.
- Please refer to the same space selection instructions for directions on how to sign-up.
Roommate Pull-In will be held April 10-11, 2014
- Current residents who signed up for their same space will be able to pull-in roommate(s).
- Roommates must qualify for the spaces they are being pulled-in. Pull-in roommates can include current on-campus residents or off-campus students.
- Roommates must provide the current resident with their roommate ID and Password provided in the priority letter. For roommates who do not have an ID/Password, please contact the Housing & Greek Life Office before Housing Selection.
- Students who have lived on campus for four semesters or more by the end of Spring 2014 will qualify for apartment spaces.
- Gender Inclusive Housing, whereby students of different genders will be able to reside together, will be available to students in the apartment communities on a limited bases. Special approval is required from the Housing & Greek Life Office. (Refer to prior information on gender Inclusive requirements.)
- Please refer to the Roommate Pull-In instructions for directions on how to pull-in roommates.
Open Space selection will be April 15-17, 2014
- This stage is available to all current students and all other students interested in applying for open spaces in the apartments and residence halls.
- Students must qualify for the spaces which they are requesting. For example, apartment spaces are only available to students who have lived on campus for four semesters or more by the end of Spring 2014. All other exceptions must be approved in writing by the Assistant Director for Housing Administration.
- Students may also pull-in roommates during the Open Space Selection. That is, the resident with the highest priority time and date, can pull in roommates to the space. Roommate Pull-In ID and Password are provided in the priority letter.
- Please refer to the Open Space Selection instructions for directions on how to sign-up.
Please contact the Housing and Greek Life Office in February of the Spring prior to you coming on campus. Provide your contact information and University ID number so we may generate a priority letter and send it to you. You will then be able to participate in the roommate pull-in or open space stages of Online Housing Selection.