The 2013-2014 Online Housing Selection for current students has conclued. If you are interested in applying for Housing, please contact the Housing & Greek Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to apply for on-campus Housing, you will need to complete a Housing Assignment Request and Housing Agreement. Once forms are completed, please submit them to the Housing & Greek Life Office. You will receive your Housing Assignment information within 2 weeks once all forms are received.
Students interested in Gender Neutral Housing for 2013-2014 will need to complete a Gender Neutral Request Form, provide a written statement on why they would like to reside in gender neutral housing, and meet with the Assistant Director for Housing Administration, Kaceey Casto to discuss their request. All requests are based on availability in the apartment communities.
Apartment communities for 2013-2014 will be reserved for students with upperclassmen (56 units or more), graduate, or professional class standing. Students with 40 or more units can apply to be in an apartment by completing a waitlist request. Students will need to select Residence Halls during selection and if space is available after May 1, 2014, students will be relocated to an apartment community and notified by email.
Housing Selection for current students was held online in three stages:
Same Space selection will be held March 24-25, 2014
- Current residents will be able to sign-up for their same residence hall room or apartment space. For example, the current resident of Monagan 200B will only be permitted to select Monagan 200B. Room Change Requests may be submitted for preferred rooms within the apartments before or after Housing Selection.
- Current residents of Residential Learning Communities, Manor Hall, and Cowell Hall will not be able to select their same space. This applies to current residents of Ritter, Eiselen, SouthWest and John Ballantyne. Priority for housing will be provided to current residents of the Learning Communities and those residents whose buildings are not available for Open Spaces Selection.
- Please refer to the same space selection instructions for directions on how to sign-up.
Roommate Pull-In will be held March 27-28, 2014
- Current residents who signed up for their same space will be able to pull-in roommate(s).
- Roommates must qualify for the spaces they are being pulled-in. Pull-in roommates can include current on-campus residents or off-campus students.
- Roommates must provide the current resident with their roommate ID and Password provided in the priority letter. For roommates who do not have an ID/Password, please contact the Housing & Greek Life Office before Housing Selection.
- Students with 56 or more units completed at the end of the Fall 2013 will qualify for apartment spaces.
- Gender Neutral Housing, whereby students of different genders will be able to reside together, will be available to students in the apartment on a limited bases. Special approval is required from the Housing & Greek Life Office. (Refer to prior information on gender neutral requirements.)
- Please refer to the Roommate Pull-In instructions for directions on how to pull-in roommates.
Open Space selection will be April 1-3, 2014
- This stage is available to all current students and all other students interested in applying for open spaces in the apartments and residence halls.
- Students who were not able to sign-up for their same space will be provided with a higher priority for open spaces.
- Students must qualify for the spaces which they are requesting. For example, apartment spaces are only available to students who have 56 or more units completed at the end of the Fall 2013. All other exceptions must be approved in writing by the Assistant Director for Housing Administration.
- Students may also pull-in roommates during the Open Space Selection. That is, the resident with the highest priority time and date, can pull in roommates to the space. Roommate Pull-In ID and Password are provided in the priority letter.
- Please refer to the Open Space Selection instructions for directions on how to sign-up.
Please contact the Housing and Greek Life Office in February of the Spring prior to you coming on campus. Provide your contact information and University ID number so we may generate a priority letter and send it to you. You will then be able to participate in the roommate pull-in or open space stages of Online Housing Selection.