In the event of a bomb threat on campus, the following procedures should be followed:
If you notice a suspicious looking package on campus:
- DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT. Clear the area and immediately contact Public Safety via any "Blue" emergency phone or by calling 9-3911 or 209-946-2537
If you receive a bomb threat made by phone:
- Remain calm, listen carefully and keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Identify and record the caller's number from the phone if it is available.
- If the caller remains on line, ask:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- What is the reason for the bomb threat?
- Record every word spoken by the person and gather as much information as possible such as:
- Time of call
- Estimated age and gender of the caller
- Any speech pattern or dialect
- Emotional state of the caller
- Any background noise you might hear
- Contact Public Safety via any "Blue" emergency phone or by calling9-3911 or 209.946.2537.
- Do not activate any fire alarms and avoid using cell phones due to the possibility of their electrical current activating a potential bomb.
- Follow all instructions from emergency personnel.
If you receive a bomb threat by written communication:
- Contact Public Safety via any "Blue" emergency phone or by calling9-3911 or 209.945.2537.
- Hand the written communication to Public Safety along with the following information:
- Who found it?
- Where was it found?
- When was it found or delivered?
- Who touched it?