General Emergency Instructions
In the event of an emergency or crisis:
- Remain calm. Others will respond as you do during the crisis.
- Ensure that you are in a safe location and out of harm's way.
- Contact Public Safety using any "Blue Light" emergency phony or by calling 6-3911 or 209.946.2537 and report the facts and important information. Do NOT hang up until told to do so.
- Stay alert, size up the situation, follow the instructions of emergency personnel, take action based on the known facts and adhere to the guidelines outlined in this manual.
- In any emergency situation, the Pacific Alert Team will coordinate the University's response. One of the Pacific Alert Team Co-Chairs will serve as the Incident Commander. The President of the University (or her/his designated appointee) will have ultimate responsibility and authority for all major emergency plans and/or decisions.
- All media inquiries must be forward to the staff in Marketing and University Communications. This staff will work with the media to ensure that information is offered in a timely and efficient manner.