In the event that you are involved in a hostage situation, the following procedures are recommended:
- Remain calm and do not panic.
- Follow instruction from the captor.
- Do NOT try to escape or attempt to resolve the situation by force.
- Do NOT speak unless spoken to, and then only when necessary.
- Be observant and remember everything you see and hear.
- Try to rest as much as possible. Be patient and wait for additional information. Remember: Others will be working to help you.
- If a rescue takes place, lie on the floor and await instructions from the rescuers.