Skip to content
  • Print

Citizen Complaint Advisement

The following advisement is required by State Law

You have the right to make a complaint against a police officer or non sworn employee for any improper conduct. California law requires this agency to have a procedure to investigate citizens' complaints.

You have a right to a written description of this procedure. This agency may find after the investigation, that there is not enough evidence to warrant action on your complaint; even if that is the case, you have the right to make the complaint and have it investigated if you believe an officer has behaved improperly. Citizen complaints and any reports or findings related to complaints must be retained by this agency for at least five years.