Parking is specifically controlled at all times (24 hours a day, 365 days a year) in the below-listed areas:
- Red curb-no parking anytime.
- Green curb-limited time as indicated.
- Yellow curb-service vehicles only.
- White curb-limited time is five minutes.
- Blue curb-No vehicles should park in a blue zone reserved for "Disabled Parking Only" unless properly displaying a Department of Motor Vehicle's Disabled Plate placard, and a valid University of the Pacific parking permit.
- Reserved areas as indicated.
- Within fifteen feet of a fire hydrant.
- Parking in the roadway adjacent to other vehicles. (known as double parking).
- On any lawn, sidewalk, or in any area that restricts vehicle or pedestrian traffic.
- Vehicles can not be used as living quarters while parked on campus.
- Vehicles must be fully contained in the stalls/areas marked for parking.
- Diagonally and perpendicular parked vehicles must have one wheel within 18" of the curb.
- Both inside wheels of a parallel parked vehicle must have the wheels within 18" of the curb.
- All parking along roadways and areas not otherwise marked must be parallel and facing the direction of traffic.
- Head in parking (in diagonal stalls only - Lot #34 and Lot #36).
Parking Permit Regulations
Parking permits are enforced Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Except at Towerview Apartments, Cowell Health Center, and the Townhouse Parking Lots which are enforced 24 hours a day. "A" permits are enforced all year including the summer months.
Display Of Permits
Permits are required and must be placed hanging from the rear view mirror or on the dashboard, facing forward, with not obstructions blocking information on the permit.
Permits are replaced only by the finance department with a written police report defining the cause of the loss. The cost of the replacement permit is determined by the finance department.
Unauthorized Use Of Permits
No person may alter, deface, destroy, counterfeit, or unlawfully remove a parking permit from any vehicle nor shall any person possess any permit not specifically authorized by the University, for use as a university permit.
The University assumes no responsibility for the removal of any expired, unauthorized or revoked faculty, staff or student parking permit.
Cancellation Of Parking Permits
The University may cancel or revoke any permit for cause by notification or in writing at least seven (7) days prior to the effective date.
Standard Annual Permits
A-All University streets and "A" and "B" lots
B-"B" lots only
C- Parking Lot 1
D-Dental school and Stockton "B" lots only.
E-Emeriti faculty valid on all University streets and "A" and "B" lots
F/L-Law school and Stockton "B" lots
N - Stockton north campus only
S-Service vehicles issued by the Department of Public Safety for University-owned vehicles valid on all University streets and "A" and "B" lots
Visitors to the campus between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. must display a temporary parking permit on their vehicle. If parking in the reserved visitor's parking near Burns Tower you must obtain a temporary parking permit from the Welcome Center, located at the base of Burns Tower. Get directions to Burns Tower >