Our Message to Faculty: We Can Make Your Lives Easier!We hope you will consider the Career Resource Center your ally in the academic and professional growth of your students. You can lighten your load by taking advantage of our services.
We can offer YOU:
- Guest lecturers on career-related topics such as Planning for Graduate School, Writing Professional Resumes, Job Search Strategies, Finding Internships, and others
- Customized workshops or programs for your students (“Careers in…”)
- “Don’t cancel class” service – if you need to be away, let us provide career-related lectures
- Tiger Jobs for posting your on-campus student jobs
- Assistance with connecting to employers and information on legal issues for falculty when referring students to employers
- Opportunities to attend CRC functions
- Access to forms and information relevant to experiential learning
In the community, people pay significant fees for the assistance we provide for free to students and alumni. We hope you’ll encourage them to take advantage of our services early and often.
A strong faculty and CRC alliance serves Pacific’s mission to develop students into successful professionals and leaders. At the CRC, we want to know: how can we best serve you and your students? Your suggestions and ideas are always welcome.
- "Don't Cancel Class"
If you know in advance that you are going to be away from class for any reason, a Career Resource Center staff member would be more than happy to prepare an appropriate topic to present to your class.
Available topics include:
- Overview of Career Resource Center services
- Finding internship and experiential learning opportunities
- Making the most out of an internship or your first job
- Effective resume writing
- Interviewing skills
- Developing an effective job search process
- Researching graduate school and the application process
- Major and career choice (can include career assessments)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Upon special request, recruiters or hiring managers from a number of our employer partners are available to present on various topics.