Services for Students with Disabilities
University of the Pacific is committed to providing access for qualified students, faculty, staff, and visitors to University programs. This non-discrimination policy applies to all qualified applicants or students who seek to or do participate in employment, in access to facilities, student programs, activities and services.
The Office of Services for Students with Disabilities is located in the McCaffrey Center, First Floor, Room 137 and Room 115. The SSD Office offers a variety of services for Pacific students with disabilities.
These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Extended time for completing exams
- Alternative testing procedures
- Alternative text formatting
To make an appoinment, call (209) 946-3221
- POLICY MANUAL for the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities at the University of the Pacific is CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION-Contact the SSD Office at (209) 946-3221 for more information.
- Request for Accommodations form* (*PLEASE NOTE: Accommodations approval process requires an appointment with SSD staff)
- Full Student Intake Packet *
- Personal Care Attendant Guidelines
- Note Taker Agreement Form
- Test Proctoring Form
Frequently Asked Questions
- Introduction: Students with Learning Disabilities
- What are Learning Disabilities?
- What Are the Specific Types of Disabilities?
- What is Attention Deficit Disorder?
- How are Students Diagnosed?
- How Are Faculty Members Informed about Special Learning Needs?
- Some Common Myths
- Documentation Requirements
The above links were adapted, with permission, from the webpage of the Learning Assistance Center at the University of Rochester.
BestColleges.com-College Resources for Students with Disabilities-www.bestcolleges.com/resources/disable-students/