International Student Orientation
All incoming international students must attend an international AND new undergraduate or graduate student orientation.
- International Student Arrival Day:
- January 9, 2017
- International Student Check-in
- If you have an assistantship please see "Important Notes" below.
- International Student Orientation:
- January 10-11, 2017
- Please know that orientation is mandatory.
- Orientation: Please know that International Student Orientation is mandatory.
- Assistantships: If you have an assistantship, please check-in with International Programs and Services (IPS) within 48 hours of arrival to the U.S., so that IPS staff can update your immigration record and then assist with your Social Security card application. A Social Security card is required in order to pursue employment in the U.S. and Social Security Administration recommends you arrive in the U.S. before - at least 10 days - the semester start date in order to facilitate the processing of your Social Security application.
- Health insurance: Please know that all non state-sponsored (e.g., Kuwaiti and Saudi Arabian nationals) international students are required to purchase University of the Pacific health insurance. Also, please do not forget to submit your immunization records.
- If you are a state-sponsored student do not forget to complete the health insurance waiver upon arrival.
Travel to the University of the Pacific :
Please complete the required arrival form upon making flight reservations.