Explore Pacific...Discover Your Future!
Welcome to University of the Pacific! We are so excited that you'll be joining us for the Spring 2013 semester! Orientation is a two-day program offered on January 3rd and 4th, 2013. While you may feel anxious and nervous now, Orientation is designed to help calm these emotions and help with your transition into our community. Orientation is your first step in a successful career at Pacific. We want to welcome you, share our University and give you an opportunity to learn the information needed to get you off to a great start. All new undergraduate students, both freshman and transfers, participate in Orientation.
At Orientation, you will:
- Receive academic advising & register for classes
- Learn about campus life from current Pacific students
- Meet other new students and make friends
- Receive information about critical campus resources and services
- Explore ways to get involved in campus activities
- Meet Pacific faculty, staff, and administrators
- Discuss important college issues for new students
- Get your questions answered about coming to campus!
When you arrive on campus for Orientation, there will be student Orientation Leaders, known as Pacific Ambassadors and Student Advisors, ready to greet you, answer all of your questions, tell you about classes, campus life and other exciting opportunities at Pacific.
Orientation is designed with you and your families in mind. It is designed to answer all your questions and give you opportunities to make social and academic connections. You will also, and most importantly, be able to talk to advisors and register for classes.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the New Student and Family Programs at (209) 946-7619 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students and staff are available to answer your questions or refer you to the proper office to meet your needs.