About Student Notes
The University requires that all Student Accounts be paid in full by the end of the semester. Any account that remains unpaid will be transferred to the Student Loans Department for servicing. Once the account is transferred, the Student Account Note or balance is subject but not limited to:
- Principal, interest and late charges.
- Credit Bureau reporting, legal actions and assignment to collection agencies.
- Collection fees and any legal fees associated with the collection of the debt.
In accordance with California state law, all unpaid balances accrue 10% interest, per annum, on the balance remaining on the date of transfer. Students are responsible for all fees associated in the collection of the debt.
A student with a balance due to the University will not be allowed any benefits from the University including but not limited to:
- Registration for courses.
- Copies of transcripts.
- Utilization of University housing and meals
Your Student Account Note balance must be Paid in Full to have these benefits reinstated. If you require access to these services immediately, payments must be by cash or cashier’s check only.