Each year the CCI hires more than one hundred Pacific students as tutors for our individual and community tutoring programs. The job has flexible hours and pays $11/hour.
- Individual Tutor: You will tutor learners age 6 thru adult in a wide variety of subjects. All tutoring takes place at the Center for Community Involvement. We need tutors for all subjects and grade levels and your assignment will vary based on your personal academic level and preference. Tutors must have excellent communication skills.
- Community Tutor: You will provide tutoring services for elementary and junior high school students at various off-campus sites. Must be able to provide transportation or be willing to carpool with other tutors to program site(s). Must be knowledgeable in basic math and/or reading as well as enjoy working with kids.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge with others and are ready to make a commitment to the children of the Stockton community, please find us on Tiger Jobs through Inside Pacific.
Leadership opportunities are also available. The recruitment process for Leadership begins early spring semester. There are a variety of positions with flexible hours.
Leadership Team Experience
- Each position allows students to have real-world experiences and creates a foundation for their learning
- New leaders participate in a six-week, workshop style, course to develop a greater sense of identity while focusing on social justice ideas in both what we do and how we do it
- Students serve and empower each other, involving the campus and community, as they bring learning to life
- Students create their own learning direction, focused on a discrete menu of learning outcomes options
- Beginning with a retreat, students are given an overview of learning experience options to further expand their understanding of local and global issues that then help to develop how each individual connects with the rest of the world
If you are interested in taking on the Leadership Team experience, contact the CCI for more information.