Visitors & Special Borrowers
Visitors and special borrowers, including affiliated guests, have limited access to library privileges as follows:
Visitors and special borrowers are welcome to enter the building during library hours of operation before 9pm.
(After 9pm, only currently registered students, staff, and faculty with a valid University of the Pacific ID card can enter the building.)
Special borrowers can ask librarians research-related questions. For information about when a librarian is available, see our Research Help page.
Visitors and special borrowers (including affiliates, community users, and others) may be eligible to purchase a University of the Pacific Special Borrowers Card to borrow books from the library. Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older & a valid picture ID (driver’s license or state issued ID) is required.
- Library Card Fees
- Pacific Affiliates: Free (Requires Pacific ID card & confirmation of current status.)
- San Joaquin Delta College: (Requires application signed by SJC Delta College Librarian)
- Faculty: Free
- Students: $20/semester, $10 summer session
- California State University Stanislaus:
- Faculty: Free (Requires current CSUS ID card with letter from department chair or library dean certifying that they have a current academic appointment)
- Students: $50 per year (Reimbursement available at the CSU Stanislaus Administration Office)
- Community Patrons: $50 per year
- Loan Periods
- Total Checkouts: 10 books at a time
- Loan Period: 28 days for most books
- Renewals: One 28 day renewal for most books
- Recalls: After 2 weeks, all materials are subject to recall
- Overdue or lost library materials may result in replacement charges and a block on the special borrower’s library account. Due dates are given at the time of checkout and are also viewable by logging into "View My Library Account".
Visitors and special borrowers may connect their personal laptops and other mobile devices to the wireless guest network. Online registration is required.
Due to licensing agreements and to help ensure resources are available to currently enrolled students, Special Borrowers Cards do not permit access to library services such as:
- Online resources, such as ebooks and databases
- Computers, printers, and other library equipment
- Reserve items
- Interlibrary loan
- Study Rooms
- Additional library services may be provided at your local public library.
(Stockton-San Joaquin Public Library: http://www.ssjcpl.org)
Visitors are expected to respect the rules of the University of the Pacific Library. Visitors who do not comply with library regulations will be asked to leave.
For more information on visitor guidelines, please contact:
Main Library Circulation Desk: 209.946.2431
Rite Aid Information Commons Circulation Desk: 209.946.2940