Interlibrary Loan - Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about ILL?
What is Camino?
Camino is a free service available to University of the Pacific students and faculty that allows you to request books, scores, CDs, and DVDs from another participating library if we don't already own it. Camino is typically faster ILLiad so we suggest submitting your request through Camino first. If a library in Camino cannot satisfy your request, your request will be routed to ILLiad.
What is ILLiad?
Use ILLiad to request library materials that we don't own or can't obtain through Camino. You can use ILLiad to request articles, books, scores, CDs, and DVDs. Articles will be delivered electronically.
Who is eligible to make interlibrary loan requests?
- Pacific faculty, Emeriti faculty, and staff from the Stockton campus
- Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students at the Stockton campus
- Alumni & Special Borrowers are NOT eligible
How do I submit a request?
- Search for your item at camino.worldcat.org.
- Click the blue "Request button" on the right.
- Select University of the Pacific as your library.
- Sign in with your PacificNet ID and password.
- Complete the form.
How long will it take?
- Loaned items (books, DVDs, etc.) through Camino: 3-7 days
- Loaned items through ILLiad: allow for 2 weeks
- Articles: allow for 1 week
What will it cost?
- There is no charge for loaned items.
- $1 charge for graduate and undergraduate students for articles.
- Loaned items: request will be sent to us via 1st class mail.
- Articles: we will ask the lending library to RUSH the request. The average turn-around is 3 days. Electronic delivery is preferred.
- **Requesting material RUSH does not guarantee it will come via that method.
How can I check the status of my request?
- Camino: Log in to your Camino account here or go to camino.worldcat.org, select "My Requests" under the "Camino" tab in the upper left corner.
- ILLiad: Log in to your ILLiad account and look under "Outstanding Requests."
Where do I pick up materials?
- Loaned items can be picked up at the Circulation Desk of the Main Library or our Health Sciences Branch Library, depending on preferred pick-up location selected.
- See the table below for other pick-up options:
Loaned Articles Mailed for a $5 charge** Yes Yes Can be sent via campus mail No Yes Available via electronic delivery No Yes
**Patrons are responsible for return-mailing fees. Mail services are available only to Pacific students, staff and faculty enrolled/employed at the Stockton campus (such as for distance-learning programs), and living outside the city of Stockton.
How long can I have the item?
- Articles - yours to keep
- Loans - loan time varies and is based on lending library. The average is 2 weeks.
Where do I return loaned materials?
- Loaned items can be returned to the Main Library's Circulation Desk, Health Sciences Branch Library Circulation Desk, or Main Library's Book Drop.
- In Library Use materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
How do I renew loaned materials?
- There are no renewals for Camino materials.
- Renewals for ILLiad materials can be requested through your ILLiad account (non-renewable items cannot be renewed)
- After the due date - email ILL.