Skip to content
  • Print

12.5.5 Independent Study Courses

Independent study courses (those numbered 191, 291, and 391) require the completion of a written contract that specifies the nature of the work to be undertaken and the method of evaluation. Forms for Graduate Independent Study Contracts can be obtained from the Research and Graduate Studies office and most program directors. Contracts must be approved by the instructor for the independent study course, the student’s advisor, and the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.