Skip to content
  • Print

Apply to graduate programs

Request information on graduate programs

Information sessions on graduate programs


Graduate Admission

University of the Pacific
Knoles Hall 2nd Floor, Room 207 B
3601 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95211-0110

Transcript Evaluation

Untitled Document

Transcript Evaluation

International students who attended schools outside of the United States must submit an evaluation of academic records. The University of the Pacific currently accepts evaluations from the following agencies:

  • World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
  • Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
  • Foundation for International Services, Inc. (FIS)
    • Note: We will only allow evaluations done on photocopied transcripts on a case-by-case basis.
  • International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
  • Transcript Research
  • Joseph Silny & Associates

Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA). Official copies should be sent directly to the application system. Your transcripts will need to be translated into English before an evaluation can be processed.

*Note: A final evaluation transcript must show an awarded degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree or higher.

Translating Official Transcripts

Transcripts that are not in English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Many schools will be able to accommodate your request to have your transcripts issued in English. If your school is unable to issue official transcripts in English, you have a few options:

  1. You may take your transcripts and diploma/proof of degree to the appropriate verifying institution (i.e. Educational Ministry) to have them translated and notarized. The institution can then send those documents directly to the evaluation service in a sealed, preferably signed envelope. If the institution will only release the verification to you, please request that they put it in a sealed envelope so that you can forward that envelope directly to the evaluation provider; DO NOT open the envelope as that will void the verification. The documents must be received in their original sealed envelope to be considered official.
  2. You can submit your transcripts to a translation service. The translation service can then send those documents directly to the evaluation provider in a sealed, preferably signed envelope. If they send the translation to you, it must be forwarded to the evaluation service in its original sealed state. Again, DO NOT open the envelope as that will void the translation; the documents must be sealed to be considered official. You should also request that an official copy (in your native language) accompany the translation so they can compare the original to the translation.


Submitting Official Documents

To be considered "official" your transcripts must remain sealed by the issuing university. If your university does not seal their transcripts as a standard procedure, please request that they place your transcripts in a sealed university envelope and stamp the outside flap with their school seal. Forward these documents directly to the application system; please do not open the envelope as this will void the transcripts.

In Progress Transcripts

If you have not completed your bachelor's degree (or master's degree if applicable) at the time you apply to University of the Pacific, please request transcripts from your university showing the work you have completed to date. These are called IN PROGRESS transcripts and will be marked as No Degree Indicated. These documents are acceptable for admissions evaluating purposes and an admissions decision will be rendered.

Please note that you will receive communication from the Office of Graduate Admission indicating that your transcript requirement has not yet been satisfied. Once you complete your degree, you will need to submit official transcripts showing that the degree has been granted/conferred/completed.