Skip to content
  • Print
return to Office of the Registrar


Office of the University Registrar
Knoles Hall, 1st Floor
Hours and Address:
8:30a - 5:00p M-F
Office of the Registrar
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95211

Summer Session Admission

University courses are open to anyone during Summer Sessions.  Participation in Pacific Summer Sessions does not imply that you will be authorized for enrollment in the regular academic year. If you want to continue at Pacific in the fall, you must make a formal application for admission by July 1st.  For further information, contact the Email link Office of Admission at 209.946.2211.

Course Loads:

Session Length Full Course Load
Five weeks Seven units, or eight units in two courses

You can petition to exceed these limits by submitting a request to the dean of the college or school that you are affiliated with.

Continuing Students: Pacific and non- Pacific students may register without formal application for any course for which they have the necessary background.

Note Currently enrolled Business, Engineering, Computer Science, and Pharmacy students must see their advisor prior to Summer Sessions registration. All other students are advised, but not required, to see their faculty advisor.

Unclassified Undergraduate Students (New and Continuing): Students who have reached the 27-unit maximum must file an application for admission in the Office of Admission by June 1st (Fall) or December 1st (Spring). New Unclassified students must complete the  First Time Unclassified Student Application. Unclassified Graduate Students (New and Continuing): If you have reached the 12-unit maximum, you must file an application for admission in the Office of Graduate Admission. Check with the Office of Research and Graduate Admission for deadline dates.

High School Students are invited to enroll in the courses numbered below 100 for the purpose of earning college credit, sampling the college experience, and/or to accelerate their college program.

Graduate Admission: Students interested in working toward a graduate degree or credential must file an application for admission with the Office of Research and Graduate Studies. For admission for the first summer session, the file must be completed by March 1st. Graduate standing may be granted to persons who hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and who have no less than a B average in all upper division work. Admission to Credential Standing requires a grade point average of 2.5 or higher (4.0 scale). For further information contact the Email link Office of Graduate Admission at 209.946.3929.