Skip to content
  • Print

Frequently Asked Questions

About University College

1. How do I contact University College?
Office Location: 1776 W March Ln, Suite 290, Stockton, CA 95207
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone: 209-946-2424, Email:

2. What is University College?
We offer educational opportunities for non-traditional students. We are committed to extending the learning opportunities of the campus beyond the traditional environment by: delivering high-quality online courses, certificates, and degree completion programs designed to enhance the effectiveness and skills of busy adults.   We are also comprised of International Programs and Services (IPS), Education Abroad, and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). These departments allow us to support the non-traditional learning of international students and older adult learners.  

3. Who are the instructors?
Our instructors are experts in their fields and include distinguished university faculty, both active and retired, as well as community educators and leaders.


1. How do I order an official transcript?
Please visit this link for more information regarding official transcripts.  

2. Why is my transcript missing a course?
Your transcript may be missing a course due to one of the following reasons:

  • We haven't yet processed or received your registration form(s).
  • Your grade(s) may not have been received from the instructor yet.

Please call our office at 209-946-2424 if you are missing a course and/or completion date on your transcript.

3. How long will it take to receive my transcripts in the mail?

  • An unofficial transcript will take approximately 8-10 business days to arrive once your grade(s) have been officially entered into system. 
  • An official transcript arrival date depends on the shipping option you selected during your ordering process. You may check the status of your official transcript by using your confirmation code (that was emailed to you once your order was placed). Please visit this link for further instructions.  


1. Can I pay for my course(s) through a grant, scholarship, financial aid, etc.?
Due to the status of continuing education courses, traditional financial aid (Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, etc.) are not acceptable. If you have any questions regarding payment, please call our office at 209-946-2424.  

2. Can I set up a payment plan to pay off my courses?
We do not accept any payment plans. There are two ways to purchase courses:

  • Pay for one individual course at a time
  • Pay the bundle price (purchase all courses at once in full with a discount)  

3.     How do I resolve my financial hold?
Please call our office at 209-946-2424 to find out more detailed information.  

Registration & Enrollment

1. Do I need to apply to the University of the Pacific (UOP) before I register through University College?
No, you do not need to apply to UOP to take continuing education courses.   

2. How do I register online?
Please follow this guideline to register online.  

3. Will I receive an email confirmation once I am enrolled in an online course?
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation within 24-48 hours after you register. Please be sure to check your spam/junk mail, as well. If you do not receive an email confirmation within that time frame, please call our office at 209-946-2424.  

4. How do extension units work?
Undergraduate students may take extension courses to earn elective units which will be added to their total unit count required for completion of their academic degree. Please note: These units cannot be applied towards the status as a full-time or part-time student.  

5. Can I apply graduate level credits towards a degree?
No, graduate level credits (also known as professional development units) are not academic units and cannot be applied towards any type of degree program. These credits are designed to meet the professional development needs of K - 12 educators, such as a salary advancement.  

Login Information

1. I am a current Pacific student, but I am receiving a "validation error" when trying to login through Canvas. How do I resolve this?
University College registration is separate from the University of the Pacific's registration. Please use the third column that states: "I am a new user.." You may still use your student pacific email address. New login information will be sent to the email address you provided.  

2. I can't remember my password to login to LERN. How do I reset my password?
Please click here to reset your password.  

3. I can't remember my login information for Mindedge. Where can I find this information?
Please call our office at 209-946-2424 or email  for more information.  

4. My password is going to expire or has expired. How do I reset my PacificNet account password?
Locksmith's self-service tool will allow you to change or reset your password. When prompted to select a domain, you normally want to select 'STK' (for Stockton). Once logged in, choose the 'Forgot Password' option for either forgotten or expired passwords. Passwords expire every 180 Days.