Skip to content
  • Print

Damages & Repairs

Verify Your Room or Apartment's Condition

When you move into your room or apartment, you are given a Room (RCR) or Apartment (ACR) Condition Report. Use these, with the help of your Resident Assistant, to record the condition of your room or apartment and the furnishings when you move in. This will prevent you from paying for someone else's damage when you move out. This form is the University's reference when we assess you for cleaning, damage, and loss charges when you checkout. A list of estimated charges for damages and repairs is on the back side of the forms. You are not responsible for normal wear and tear of furnishings and room.

Damages to Rooms

You are responsible for loss of University property or damage to individual units and University furnishings. As a member of the residential community, you share responsibility for community damage within common areas. Common area damages are charged to the student's account at the end of the semester/term. You will be notified in writing and the cost of the repairs will be billed to your student account.

Submitting a Repair Request

Residents may not repair damages in a room, apartment or common area. When you request a repair, be as specific as possible. Due to the high number of requests at the beginning of each semester, there may be a delay in responding to your request. Your request is prioritized based on the type of repair and responded to as soon as possible.

To submit a request for a repair, send a detailed email to