University of the Pacific: California's First University
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked comprehensive university and California’s first chartered institution of higher learning. Established in 1851, Pacific has nearly 6,100 students and nine schools and colleges across three campuses in northern California.
The majority of students and the NCAA Division 1 athletics program are based on the Stockton Campus, often cited as one of the nation’s most beautiful college campuses. The Sacramento Campus in California’s state capital is home to the McGeorge School of Law, the new School of Health Sciences and an array of graduate programs while the renowned Dugoni School of Dentistry is based on the downtown San Francisco Campus.
Pacific takes pride in providing the highly personalized and caring educational, social and residential environments of a small college combined with the choices and opportunities of a major comprehensive university.
About the Position
The digital designer is responsible for design and development of the university website, email templates, digital ads and other assets. In collaboration with the creative team (graphic designers and a videographer/photographer), the digital designer conceptualizes and implements creative ideas and ensures Pacific’s digital experiences for its three campuses align with and support its mission, vision, values, brand, reputation and strategic goals.
The designer brings a deep and diverse understanding of new and emerging digital technologies and best practices, web design, CMS template design, email template design and content strategy. The designer also demonstrates working knowledge of contemporary content management systems, design standards, web design standards and social media design.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, marketing, communications, computer science or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in digital functions, including (not limited to) digital design, media development, content marketing or digital advertising.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of website ADA compliance.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work in a variety of web-server environments/frameworks such as: IIS 7.0/Ingeniux CMS, Apache/Drupal and Salesforce/force.com.
- Proficiency of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
University of the Pacific is currently accepting applications for this position. Applicants will be required to provide a cover letter and current resume, as well as provide contact information for three professional references with their online application.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability. The university will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.