University of the Pacific invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Pharmacy Admission Strategy.
University of the Pacific
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked comprehensive university and California's first chartered institution of higher learning. Established in 1851, Pacific has nearly 6,300 students and ten schools and colleges across three campuses in northern California.
The majority of students and the NCAA Division 1 athletics program are based on the Stockton Campus, often cited as one of the nation's most beautiful college campuses. The Sacramento Campus in California's state capital is home to the McGeorge School of Law, the new School of Health Sciences, and an array of graduate programs, while the renowned Dugoni School of Dentistry is based on the downtown San Francisco Campus.
Pacific takes pride in providing the highly personalized and caring educational, social and residential environments of a small college combined with the choices and opportunities of a major comprehensive university.
About the Role
Director of Pharmacy Admission Strategy
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Director of Pharmacy Admission Strategy will collaborate closely with the Director of Recruitment in overseeing the global recruitment plan for the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy. The primary objective is to assemble diverse and highly qualified applicant pools for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program. The Director will collaborate with Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy Marketing and Communications and University Enrollment Strategy and Marketing to create and lead the School of Pharmacy’s multichannel communication and enrollment strategy.
The Director will work closely with faculty of the Admissions Committee to manage and maintain the selection process.
- Bachelor's Degree (two years of full-time experience in the same/similar position is equal to one year of completed post high school education coursework.)
- Three years of managerial experience.
- Three years of experience in a similar role (e.g. admissions, enrollment, marketing, etc.).
- Master’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of professional graduate admission experience.
- Demonstrated record for meeting professional graduate admission goals.
- Experience with PharmCAS, Banner, Slate, Salesforce, OnBase.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with
- colleagues and external partners.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse background and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.