University of the Pacific
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked comprehensive university and California’s first chartered institution of higher learning. Established in 1851, Pacific has nearly 6,300 students and 10 schools and colleges across three campuses in northern California.
The majority of students and the Division 1 athletics program are based on the Stockton Campus, often cited as one of the nation’s most beautiful college campuses. The Sacramento Campus in California’s state capital is home to the McGeorge School of Law, the new School of Health Sciences and an array of graduate programs while the renowned Dugoni School of Dentistry is based on the downtown San Francisco Campus.
Pacific takes pride in providing the highly personalized and caring educational, social and residential environments of a small college combined with the choices and opportunities of a major comprehensive university.
The mission of Enrollment Marketing is to work collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside of the university to develop and implement comprehensive, personalized enrollment marketing strategies and tactics that are designed to meet and exceed net tuition revenue and headcount goals at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The executive director for enrollment marketing will work closely with the vice president for enrollment management and many of the schools and colleges to develop, lead and direct a talented team of marketing professionals. The executive director will be an expert in the use of social media and digital marketing strategy, supervise the daily workflow of the enrollment marketing team and evaluate results of marketing campaigns, strategies and tactics to ensure marketing objectives are met.
The executive director for enrollment marketing is an active member of the Division of Enrollment Management’s leadership team and expected to be the primary contributor of digital and higher education marketing expertise and application. The executive director will be active in professional organizations affiliated with higher education and recruitment marketing, representing the University of the Pacific and the Office of Enrollment Management at the regional, state, and national level.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master's degree is preferred.
- Seven-plus years of progressive marketing experience, preferably in a higher education setting, and five-plus years of supervisory experience are required.
- Must be a strong communicator—write and create presentations and influence people both inside and outside of the Office of Enrollment Management to drive quality execution of marketing plans.
- A proven record of success in developing and implementing enrollment marketing plans.
- Direct experience managing and overseeing creative production including digital, social and print assets on a local, national and international level.
- Experience with CRM (Slate or similar), ideally with knowledge of implementing drip campaigns.
- Ability to translate information from multiple sources regarding student needs and objectives into academic programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and other software to optimize job responsibilities.
- Be an analytical thinker—ability to analyze and present data and findings clearly, concisely and accurately, and be able to draw meaningful conclusions and indicated actions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a working knowledge of best practices of enrollment marketing, especially digital and social.
University of the Pacific is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director for Enrollment Marketing. Applicants will be required to upload a cover letter and current curriculum vitae, as well as provide contact information for three professional references with their online application.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability. The university will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.