University of the Pacific
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked comprehensive university and California’s first chartered institution of higher learning. Established in 1851, Pacific has nearly 6,300 students and 10 schools and colleges across three campuses in northern California.
The majority of students and the NCAA Division 1 athletics program are based on the Stockton Campus, often cited as one of the nation’s most beautiful college campuses. The Sacramento Campus in California’s state capital is home to the McGeorge School of Law, the new School of Health Sciences and an array of graduate programs while the renowned Dugoni School of Dentistry is based on the downtown San Francisco Campus.
Pacific takes pride in providing the highly personalized and caring educational, social and residential environments of a small college combined with the choices and opportunities of a major comprehensive university.
The Executive Director, Board of Regents, has ultimate responsibility for the overall execution of board meetings and all operations to support the university’s Board of Regents (except those Board actions relating to Presidential review and compensation which shall be managed by separate Board counsel).
Reporting to Pacific’s President, the Executive Director, Board of Regents provides direct supervision of the Executive Assistant to the Board of Regents and operates with minimal supervision.
The Board of Regents
Pacific’s Board of Regents has final responsibility for the quality and integrity of the educational experience and is the university’s fiduciary agent. The board selects the university’s president, who reports to the Regents, and approves the university’s mission, strategic goals, finances and budgets.
Pacific’s Regents, many of whom are alumni, are diverse leaders in the fields of business, law, health care, finance, real estate, banking, insurance, pharmacy, dentistry, manufacturing, engineering, entertainment, higher education and philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience working with Board of Directors or Regents.
- Advanced degree.
- Board management experience.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Must work effectively and collaboratively managing multiple priorities while maintaining adherence to deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent management skills and experience leading and motivating diverse teams as exemplified by met deadlines and high levels of productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and work strategically and collaboratively with board members, senior leadership and constituents across all departments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to institute effective processes and execute projects and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use sound judgment and initiative and to respond proactively and in timely manner.
- Commitment to practicing and modeling university values.
- Advanced knowledge of board governance principles and practices.
Applications and Inquiries
University of the Pacific is currently accepting applications for this position. Applicants will be required to upload a cover letter and current resume with their online application.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability. The university will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.