Each intern receives a stipend of $32,500 per year and is paid every other Friday. Interns are paid their stipend as non-exempt employees at an hourly rate of $15.73. CAPS complies with all Federal and State regulations for payroll.
Professional liability coverage is provided for all university related clinical activities.
Each intern receives a University Benefits package that includes the option to select major medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Interns are allowed all University holidays and seasonal days (typically 15-16 days per year).
- Interns accrue up to 12 days of sick leave over the year. Sick leave is to be used for doctors' appointments and/or illness.
- Professional development leave time is provided (up to 5 days per year) for time off that may include attending conferences, job search interviews, and/or dissertation committee meetings, contingent upon the approval of the Director.
- In addition to the professional development, holidays and seasonal days that afford interns with time off, interns will accrue vacation during the internship year. However, we ask that the interns preserve these vacation hours to be taken during the final 2 weeks of the internship year.
- Interns are eligible to participate in the University Relations Program. This program allows interns to rent living space through the Residential Life and Housing Department, rather than having to rent a place in the community. Rent includes all utilities, internet, streaming cable, laundry, and furniture. Due to the nature of this program, space is limited and interns are encouraged to apply quickly after matching.
- Interns receive a staff I.D. card that allows them to use the library and check out materials for an extended time.
- Interns are also eligible to purchase a staff parking permit, which allows for parking in the university parking lots.
- Interns are eligible to purchase a membership to the Baun Fitness Center.
- Each intern office is equipped with a computer that provides access to our electronic scheduling/record keeping program (Titanium), and has internet access, word processing, and email capabilities. Additionally, each office is equipped with a webcam for recording therapy sessions, a printer/scanner, and an IP phone with voice mail that is accessible through the phone or the computer.