University Libraries has transitioned to remote operations and will remain closed until further notice.
Online resources and online services will remain available through the library website, including access to e-books (257,000+), e-journals (118,000+), publisher databases (119), and streaming videos (41,500+). Academic Support Librarians remain ready to assist virtually via email@example.com or you may reach out to them individually.
- RapidILL (a fee-for-service document delivery system) is still filling electronic requests from libraries working remotely. Students, faculty and staff could continue to send article requests through ILLiad (an interlibrary loan resource sharing system).
- Link+ (a library resource sharing system, including Prospector book loans) is currently turned off.
- Digital Collections can be found on the Library’s A-Z listings. Many ebook publishers are now offering unlimited simultaneous usage during this time. Many other publishers are adding additional access such as JSTOR and Project Muse. Please contact an academic support librarian if you have any access questions or concerns.
- Send one time book purchase requests to an academic support librarian. During this time, we will prioritize materials that we can acquire electronically.
- Because the library is closed, no print material can be placed on hold or retrieved and borrowed from the library.
Renewals and fines
- All currently checked-out library materials can be renewed online and returned when the library reopens, without fees.
- Renewals on print material have been extended and additional renewals have been added.
- Items can be renewed up to three times. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online chat: Available 24/7! Ask brief research and library policy questions. Use the chat box on our homepage.
- In-depth research consultations: Schedule a research consultation with an academic support librarian to discuss your research or assignment.
- Email: Send an email to an academic support librarian or to email@example.com
- Subject guides: Academic Support Librarians have compiled general research guides for a variety of subject areas.
Instruction (for faculty)
- Library instruction is available online and can be delivered synchronously or asynchronously! Please contact an academic support librarian to arrange a session.
- Credo Information Literacy Tutorials: These instructional videos, tutorials, and quizzes deliver foundational information literacy and critical thinking skills and can be embedded in a Canvas course site. For more details, please contact an academic support librarian.
- Click here to view available faculty resources in online instruction and learning that have been curated by librarians. The list includes publisher materials, library ebooks, resources by discipline, and OER resources.
- The Cube staff will assist you with 3D printing, virtual reality, augmented reality, video production, CAD, and multimedia software. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holt-Atherton Special Collections and Archives
- Only remote research consultation are available. To book a consultation, call 209.946.2404 or 209.946.3105 and leave a voice mail message or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital collections